Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I finally got it right

It took a few tries to get the pattern right, but here they are. Colinette Jitterbug socks in the Jay colorway, one skein, five size 2 / 2.75mm Knit Picks double point needles.




The color distribution is pretty wild. I really do like it and I'm glad I went with a plain ribbing rather than a lace design. Here are a couple of detail pictures.


I cast on 64 stitches and worked a 1 1/2 inch p2, k2 ribbing cuff. For the leg, I worked a 5 1/2 inch rib as followes--with 16 sts on each needle, p1, k2, p2, k4, p2, k4, p1. (Note: I did shift one stitch to the needle on the right all the way around to make the different rib patterns match up, sort of.) I made a slip stitch heel over 32 sts for 32 rows. The foot is plain stockenette. I'm very happy and hubby likes them too.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Got it very right! They are totally awesome (and you only had a little bit of yarn left, lol).

/hugs

nobody said...

The color changes are great!! I love how these turned out :)

Mary Sarah said...

They turned out great! Love em!